- The only requirement is to install PhotoInsight on Windows 7 at minimum and 64bit (Windows 10 is recommended).
- It is recommended to have at least 4Gb of RAM
Download at photoinsight.io and install. Once the installation is completed, you can
- let the installer start PhotoInsight for you
- launch it yourself using the start menu shortcut
- use the desktop icon if you have chosen to create it during installation.
Windows User Account Control
During installation Windows will ask you to authorize an unknown publisher, you must agree to proceed.
No worry, if you change your mind, you’ll be able to switch forth and back in the application’s settings
How does it works?
When PhotoInsight monitors a folder it will automatically
- analyse newly added images and save metadata to the database
- remove deleted images (even if they were deleted outside of the application)
To make the folders monitoring silent, this process is done in background thanks to a Windows service called PhotoInsightService. This service runs even if the application is not started.